Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I am a writer, first and foremost. Words affect (effect? idfk.) me more than images. A well-written letter will inform me of your feelings better than anything else, and a lust scene gets me more in the mood than music or anything else.

I don't know much about myself. But I do know that. And I know that the happiest time of my life was when I was surrounded with twenty-eight other girls who were as passionate about it as I was. Writing has become who I am. I need to find myself a community of writers. I love the small, pretty much one person community of writers I have near me now, but it's just... It's not the same as having a group of people who love the same thing as you do constantly around you and supporting you.

I want people to geek out with over the fact that I have probably twenty pages left of my novel before it's finished. I want people who will look at something, and say, "this is shit. You know it's shit. But here's how you can make it better. Keep this one part. Expand on it. This part works." I want people who understand why I'm freaking out over the fact that for the past few things that I've written, I've actually felt like a writer, and that I can actually make something of myself with this profession, not just have it as a hobby. Maybe I should put up one of those personal ads? "16 y/o swf, looking for a tight-knit writing community. must enjoy fiction, characters, and long walks on the beach while talking about books."

No comments:

Post a Comment