Sunday, October 24, 2010

7. your ex boyfriend/girlfriend/love/crush

Dear you,

It's safe to say you probably don't remember this. We were dating in kindergarten, after all. I'm surprised I remember it, and even I'm a little foggy on the finer details.

We weren't in the same class, I remember that much. You were with Mrs. DeBettencourt, and I had Mrs. Robinson. The only time our paths intersected was in gym.

I don't really remember how it started, exactly. Or when it ended, if we ever really ended it officially at all. I just remember the us. I would always sit next to you in gym, and we would hold hands, even though all of the other kids would sometimes make fun of us. We were dating before we knew what dating really even meant. Really, the only other big thing I remember about this "relationship" is Valentine's Day. Is it sad to think that the only Valentine I've ever had was when I was five? Whatever. I wasn't even there for it, because my grandpa had died. You still bought me candy, though. Our parents were amused by us, and thought that we were just too damn cute, and so you and your mom picked me out a box of chocolates in the shape of a heart. I was so excited to get those when I came back... I was the only kid with a valentine from someone outside of their class. I ate them all on the way to pick my sister up from preschool, and felt sick for the entire rest of the day.

We had a good thing, though. Sometimes I wish we could go back there.

Love,
me.

No comments:

Post a Comment