Monday, October 4, 2010

I am afraid.

I'm afraid that I won't be able to find happiness.
I'm afraid that I will always be alone.
I'm afraid that my disease has crippled my ability to live.
I'm afraid that I will never be good enough for anyone.
I'm afraid that my life won't amount to anything.
I'm afraid that the reason no one loves me is because I'm not worthy of it.
I'm afraid that I'm going to go off to college and have the worst time of my life.
I'm afraid that the only way I know how to live is through fictional character's feelings.
I'm afraid that I can't seem to share my feelings with anyone, least of all the ones who matter.
I'm afraid that I will end up pushing everyone I care about away.
I'm afraid that I can't seem to make myself rely on anyone, or need anyone at all.
I'm afraid that I won't let myself connect.
I'm afraid that I will never find anyone who completely understands what I am and what I've gone through.
I'm afraid that if I do, they'll run away, because they can't handle someone as broken as me.
I'm afraid that I'll end up being miserable at best.
I'm not afraid of dying; it's living that's scary.

1 comment: