Tuesday, August 10, 2010

if there was a class in wanting, i'd pass with flying zebras.

I want to take a road-trip.

I want a best friend who loves me even though I have my insane moments, and I complain/talk more than any human has a god given right to, and even though I show my affection with incredibly horrid teasing.

I want to be a part of the Quimby family.

I want to be a cool grown-up.

I want to be able to have kids.

I want to be able to watch ads for St. Judes and St. Baldricks without wanting to throw my computer or television across the room.

I want to be able to crank out a book in six weeks.

I want to be called pretty, and beautiful, and baby.

I want to be invaluable and interesting, someone indispensable.

I want to live in a movie, or a television show, where there may be problems, but they're resolved by the end of the show/two hour period.

I want to be the kind of person who doesn't stay in her house for days on end when she doesn't have to work, and instead be the kind of person who goes out and makes the most of her life.

Want is a dangerous word. But I can't seem to get it out of my head. Which is most unfortunate, because it just makes me upset, and feel inadequate. But this list has just been a few of the things bothering me lately. Why do I always get so depressed at night? Especially when I'm on cough medication?

This sucks. Ugh and I had something totally artsy and trendy and hip and thought-provoking to say here but I totally just forgot it in a flurry of itchy forheadness.

So long, suckers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment