Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 1 - letter to your best friend

Dear you,

Hi. I'm hoping you know who you are, and if you don't already, you'll know by the end of this letter. I had a hard time picking which close friend to use for this letter, but in the end, it was you, because not only have we been friends the longest, we've been through the most amount of shit together.

So here we are. This is my letter to you. I feel odd typing it, since I don't normally type letters, but I am since I'm posting it on da blog. Which I don't even think you read. But okay. Here it really goes.

How are you doing at this moment? We've exchanged a few words today, but they were mostly about me, and now I'm feeling bad again about that :p I've been thinking about our friendship a lot lately, so that's actually probably going to be most of what this letter is about.

I think it's best put as saying that our friendship is intense. Extremely intense. We met under odd circumstances, and we went through some of the hardest times in my life together. Times that I honestly don't think I would have made it through as well as I did without you to lean on. The other night you were telling me how much I meant to you, and I felt... I don't know. I felt wanted, needed, appreciated, and I can't tell you how valuable those feelings are to me, though I think you probably already know.

You are the one person in the world who I feel like I can talk to about anything. You're the one person in the world who didn't treat me the least bit different when you found out that I had had cancer. You're the only one who I can count on to be there, and not get scared away. There have been times when all I've wanted to do was curl up in a ball on the floor of my room, and sob until my eyes were crimson and I passed out from dehydration, and then I'd talk to you, and somehow, you would make it all better, even though sometimes, you contributed to it. But it's like one of the lead singers of my favorite guilty pleasure bands said - "The closest friends you'll have are the ones that you'd take a bullet for, but they're the ones you constantly feel you could put a bullet in as well."

I love that we talk about our problems together. I love that we talk about random things until two in the morning. I love debating good bands and bad ones that are complete guilty pleasures. I love it when you text me with something totally random, just because you think I'll enjoy it. I love your jokes - well, the funny ones. Mostly, I love being your friend, and I love that you give me a chance to be myself without any repercussions or judgments.

This letter is a mess. A wicked messy mushy mess. So I'm going to add in the lyrics to Weezer's lyrics to "My Best Friend." Every time I listen to this song I almost start crying, and it reminds me of you. A ton.

Love you, kid,
me.

When everything is wrong I'll come talk to you
You make things alright when I'm feeling blue

You are such a blessing and I wont be messing
with the one thing that brings light to all my darkness

You're my best friend
and I love you, and I love you
Yes I do

There is no other one who can take your place
I feel happy inside when I see your face
I hope you believe me
'Cause I speak sincerely
and I mean it when I tell you that I need you

You're my best friend
and I love you, and I love you
Yes I do

I'm here right beside you
I will never leave you
and I feel the pain you feel when you start crying

You're my best friend
and I love you, and I love you
Yes I do

You're my best friend
and I love you, and I love you
Yes I do
Yes I do...
Yes I do.




No comments:

Post a Comment