Sunday, July 25, 2010

Now he's guilt-stricken sobbing with his head on the floor...

It's been a long time since I last posted. My apologies. Life has been crazy.

But it's also been a long time since I read a book in one sitting. And that's exactly what I just did. I snagged a copy of Tangled by Carolyn Mackler from the ARC shelf at work, and I needed a new book, so I started reading. Now, let it just be said that I didn't get home from work until around nine-thirty. While working at a bookstore isn't one of the most draining jobs you could have, it's definitely not what most people think it is. But I digress. So I sat down at the kitchen counter with half of a leftover potato that my sister had made with dinner, vetoing the stir-fry she'd made as there was no meat in it. (My mother has recently decided that what she needs to do is be a vegetarian after reading some book, so now we're all being punished.) It took me a coupe of tries to get through the first couple of pages, mostly because I was exhausted and trying to eat and all of that good stuff. But as soon as I got into it, oh, boy was I into it. It's a minute past eleven right now, and I've just brushed my teeth and come up to bed. I'm still in my clothes from the day, because I couldn't put the book down until I'd finished it.

I realize that I haven't actually told you what the book was about, but honestly, anything I try and say right now will come out as incoherent gobbldygook. So I suggest looking it up. Basically it's about four people who meet, however fleetingly, on a vacation in the Carribean. There are four months in the book, April, May, June, and July, and each month is told in a different POV. (On a side note, I remember when I had no idea what POV meant and I thought it was some kind of car.) (See what I mean about the gobbldygook?)

Anyway. The book was good. And I really like Carolyn Mackler's other books, too, although I definitely favor Vegan Virgin Valentine. It's one of my all-time favorite books. In other news, I wore a dress that I got with my friend Jess on... Friday? Yeah it was Friday. It's super cute, and I actually felt like I looked good in it, which is one of my favorite things.

Goddamn, I'm hungry now. Maybe I'll go try and find a midnight snack...

No comments:

Post a Comment