Monday, May 17, 2010

I've been up for five hours already, and it's eight o'five in the morning.

So as I said in the title, it's 8:05 in the AM, and I've been up since three. Coughing. And unfortunately, I've kept my mom up with me. [Just a side note - in case any of you were wondering, I've just spent the better part of an hour watching charlieissocoolike and nerimon, and the voices in my head as I type are speaking in British accents.] She couldn't miss anymore school though, so we're going to the ER after she comes home.

I'm kind of exhausted, but the coughing thing really isn't all that conducive to sleep. It's about time for some more cough medicine, but that would mean I have to get out of bed, put on a pair of pants, and walk downstairs. And once I'm downstairs, I won't want to come back up, so that would mean I had to bring down everything I could see wanting in the foreseeable future, and it would just be a large mess. [Insert long coughing break here.]

I've already had two cups of tea and two puffs of my sister's inhaler, which the pediatrician told me to do. My nose hurts like all hell because it's raw and gross from being blown, but getting something to make it stop hurt would mean going downstairs, and we've already been over why I don't want to do that. I'll probably head down soon, though, in order to a) take my pills, b) get a drink, and c) take advantage of the fact that I am home alone and can watch whatever I want on the Wii Netflix thingamajig.

In case you were wondering, I didn't ever get that black tea I wanted while at my dad's. [I have an empty mug that used to hold it right next to me now, however.] He made me some icky tea that I don't even know the name of since he wouldn't tell me, and then they tried to make me drink carrot juice. I took one sip, almost puked, and then pretended to drink most of it but really poured it down the sink. I understand that this stuff makes you healthier, but you don't really want to be drinking/eating gross stuff when you feel crappy.

Anyway. In other news, I just read + finished The Secret Life of Prince Charming by Deb Caletti. She's officially made it to my list of favorite authors now. Although admittedly, the love interest guy in this book was a bit one-sided, but for the storyline, it worked. Basically, Quinn and her younger sister Sprout [who's real name is Charlotte] have been taught by their mother for their entire lives that most men are assholes, and their father is the biggest one of all. He came back into their lives three years prior to when this book takes place, and had a girlfriend named Brie. But all the shit hits the fan when Brie and Quinn's father break up, and Quinn discovers artifacts that her dad has stolen from six women he's dated and/or married. She then calls up her half-sister Frances Lee from her father's first marriage, and they go on an epic quest to return the items to their rightful owners.

I read the entire book, mainly, in one day. [I got maybe seventy pages in on Saturday, but finished it off yesterday while the fam was watching the Survivor finale.] The book made me laugh and want to cry, which is such a cliche, but a true one about this book. I don't know - I feel like it spoke a lot of truth about the relationships kids of divorcees have with their parents, and subsequently, the people around them. The dad in the book reminded me a lot of my own, 'cept for the fact that the fictional dad was a bit of a manwhore.


And with that, I'm gonna leave you. I need to go downstairs and watch some Law and Order: SVU and possibly maybe get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment