Monday, June 21, 2010

Summertime, and the livin' is easy...

After tomorrow, I am officially On Vacation. At least from school. I'll still have to go to work, but it's nice to pretend. It's nice to pretend sometimes that I'm one of those girls who is thin and beautiful with long legs and gorgeous hair with even greener eyes who tans, and fills out a bikini in all the right ways. One of those girls who has the ability to let the days all run together during the summer, because the most stressful thing in her life is picking out which pair of earrings go best with her new dress. 

Instead, I'm me. A bit too pudgy to be thing, but too thin to be constituted as fat. My legs are a bit longer than average, but not noticeably long. I'm too plain to be beautiful, the most I'll ever be is pretty. The only time I was satisfied with how I looked in a bikini was when I still had a feeding tube. [Albeit, I wasn't completely happy as I had the feeding tube and that illicited quite a few stares.] My eyes are, and always will be, a murky pond-like green, and no greener. If I'm out in the sun for too long, I turn into a speckled lobster. My hair is soft, but it just lays there, dyed into submission. And to top it all off, I couldn't even tell you what the least stressful thing in my life is, even if it is summer. 

So. Here's to fantasies.


No comments:

Post a Comment