Thursday, February 25, 2010

I hate the snow.

I hate the snow so much. You have no idea. We're in Vermont, because my mother and her boyfriend enjoy skiing, as does Olivia, and it has been snowing nonstop since Tuesday. In twenty four hours, Killington has accumulated twenty fucking eight inches of snow, causing us to have to stay for an extra night. And because the condos are expensive, we're now staying with the family friends who came with us, a family of six. The youngest child being three, the oldest being newly thirteen.
Not to mention that Olivia broke her leg yesterday, and is completely incapable of helping anyone out.

Let's see, what else can I complain about?
I haven't been able to do anything on Polyvore for the past day and a half, because the internet here is all screwy. At least, that's what I'm hoping so that my computer won't be even more broken than it already is. I have pretty much been rendered incapable of finishing my novel right now, and it makes me sad. I had to walk over to this condo weighed down by all of the luggage I packed, AND the straps on the bag carrying my book broke.

I think the only good thing about my day so far has been Emma getting thrown up on by the two year old. That was quite entertaining.

I uploaded a short story and a poem to inkpop.com. I'm not sure if I want to upload my novel, seeing as I'm submitting it to a competition next week, and it would be really unfortunate if they thought I plagiarized something, especially considering the fact that the prize for said contest is a publishing contract. I would be very upset. I'm probably not going to win, anyway, but it's worth a shot. I've been working like mad revising the first three chapters of my novel to make it ready for it, and revising is my least favorite thing to do. At least it's some sort of writing, though. Speaking of "some sort of writing," I came across this awesome article yesterday all about advice for teenage writers. [http://whatever.scalzi.com/2006/04/27/10-things-teenage-writers-should-know-about-writing/, if you want to check it out.]

Okay, I think I'm going to watch some Psych episodes, then do some more revising.

Snowed in-edly yours,

H

No comments:

Post a Comment