Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's been a while.

And for that, I apologize. I just haven't had much to say. But recently I've been wanting to become a legitimate blogger. Someone who gets real followers, someone who writes in this thing every day. I feel like that would help me become a real writer.

I have this picture in my head of what a real writer looks like. A real writer drinks multiple cups of coffee or tea every day. A real writer has a glass of wine with dinner. A real writer has a desk. A real writer wears these incredibly chic clothes that she's bought from the thrift shop, or consignment stores - she rarely buys anything new. A real writer has books strewn everywhere, each and every one of them with a worn down spine from overuse. A real writer has stacks upon stacks of notebooks filled with random scribblings and ideas, and most of them are tiny nuggets of gold that could be turned into something valuable if cultivated. A real writer is thin, because she lives from paycheck to paycheck, and is constantly running around looking for another job to help make the ends meet. A real writer has long hair that is usually up in a bun or ponytail, but reaches halfway down her back on the odd occasion she lets it down.

None of these things are true for me. I have this picture in my head of what I should look like, how I should act, what would make me a real writer, and I can't live up to it. Instead, I am me.

Okay, this has gotten insanely off-topic. Maybe I'll post something real later. I just feel bad that I've been neglecting this blog for my Tumblr, which isn't really a ~blog because all I do is reblog other people's posts, for the most part. I doubt if I posted any writing there I would get any response. Mostly because you can't comment on things there... Though people can comment here, and don't, so I don't know what I'm talking about. Excuse me while I go try and wrap up my crazy.

3 comments:

  1. you are a real writer and i love reading your writing. you inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually stumbled across this blog by accident :) I had found an article about your story, after which I found a couple of your old blogs (stalker, I am LOL). Contrary to what you think, you're a brilliant writer! Every word of yours engaged me and made me want to read more :) I especially liked that little short story of yours about the couple meeting in a coffee shop.

    Good luck with your writing & college! <3 Anon

    ReplyDelete
  3. the last part of the paragraph from "a real writer is thin..." was very good. i think you could almost develop this into a longer personal essay. it has the opportunity to be very sad/funny.

    btw, this is john (robinson cano) sullivan. we just had a facebook conversation a couple days ago lol.

    ReplyDelete